Love INC’s mission is to mobilize local churches to transform lives and communities, in the name of Christ. We work together in ways to serve more efficiently than one church or one person can do alone. But how does this look in practice? Consider how one client family could be served:
- A volunteer phone minister from Trinity Community Church answers a call for help from a single mom in need. He learns more about her story and her needs.
- Her information is entered into our database by a dedicated volunteer from St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church
- A faithful servant from Memorial United Methodist Church lovingly packs up a Household Starter Kit. This gift includes pots & pans from a CrossLife Evangelical Free Church Pot & Pan Drive and dishes donated through theTeacups for Christ event.
- A team from Mosaic Praise Church of God delivers the Starter Kit and shares a devotion booklet, donated by Libertyville Covenant Church, and map of churches in her area.
- A few months later, the Furniture Team from Immanuel Church delivers an apartment full of furniture. The delivery includes a new bed for her son through funds from a Bed Drive at Christ Church Lake Forest. The team sets up the furniture, shares a Bible (also provided through Christ Church Lake Forest), and prays with her.
In all, 8 churches pooled their talents and resources to serve one family in need, each one sharing the love of Christ in their own unique way. This scenario repeats itself a dozen or more times each month as we meet the every-present needs in our community.
Will you join us? Contact your church’s Church Ministry Coordinator (CMC) or visit our volunteer page to learn how to become involved at Love INC!