On a December Saturday, servants at Gurnee Community Church provided a spectacular Christmas gift to some of our client families – a family portrait day! They were able to get their hair & makeup done, get free professional portraits taken, enjoy a Christmas party, and leave with a framed family photo in hand. About 35 families (approximately 125 guests) participated, despite inclement weather. About a dozen photographers and 40 more volunteers all chipped in to make this possible.
We are so thankful for those that shared their time and God-given talents to make Help-Portrait such a success. The warmth and kindness towards our guests did not go unnoticed! Each servant had a tremendous impact on our guests’ lives.
- Women were in tears because they felt beautiful after getting their hair and makeup done
- Children’s faces lit up as they got to be the center of attention for a few moments
- Families received AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL photos
- One woman just stared at the photo of herself, beaming with pride as she shared that she will have a photo of herself on her wall for the very first time
- Families excitedly filled up containers of cookies and cake to take home with them
You could literally see a transformation take place from when a family arrived to when they left.
Check out this awesome video to see how so many lives were touched.